Friday, October 3, 2008

Molasses

It is so frustrating waiting for others to get things done and having no power over getting it done. The engineer has had the feedback from the city on some very minor changes to our drawings since September 12. As of this week, I still haven't heard from them, so I started pushing on them. They finally submitted the final plans to the city for review on Tuesday, September 30. And I found a few errors still! I asked them to make the changes and they will wait until they hear from the city so they can make all the changes at once.

Now we are waiting for the city engineer to respond. I've sent her an e-mail and left her a voice mail. I am getting anxious now because we have to coordinate all this with the refinancing of the investment property. I am still a little fuzzy on the timing and how everything will work. The city departments need to sign the drawings, the water district needs to sign and then our attorney needs to sign the plat. He won't sign the plat unless he gets notification from the title company that the lien has been released, which will happen when we refinance. So, everything has to happen at the same time!

I hope the city engineer gets back to me soon. I'm hoping we can coordinate this meeting with the attorney, the title company and mortgage company and then get the plat recorded all at the same time next week. Only hiccup is that all the people in the city and the water district, oh, and the rural electric company need to be around for signatures prior...

It's a miracle that we've gotten this far. But, we need to keep persevering. We're hoping to submit our application for a building permit next week as well, which can go in parallel to the finalization of the plat and utility plans.

Oh, and one more thing. We have to finalize the development agreement and get a letter of credit signed for the city for the future design and construction of the road improvements.

No comments: