Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Current Schedule

Wayne really wanted to get started again today, but the weather for the weekend is looking really cold again. They didn't want the hole to sit for over the weekend, so have decided on the following schedule:

Monday, December 22: Digging for basement
Wednesday, December 24: Pour footings
Give the long Christmas weekend for the footings to dry
Monday, December 29: Start putting in forms for the foundation walls

We won't be here when they start doing the forms, we are leaving December 26 for North Dakota, so Bumpa and Grammie will have specific instructions on where to take the pictures during the week we are gone.

We are not closing on the construction loan tomorrow (Friday) because there are a few last things the bank needs. We have been approved, I guess they're just finishing their files. I don't know when we will close, perhaps Monday, but I'll need to call them. It's ok, because we have another form of funds we are using until we can use the construction account.

Tomorrow we are going to the Builders Appliance Center to check out appliances. I am pretty sure I want to go with the GE Monogram stuff. We get a good discount direct from GE at work. Wayne wants to go with Viking stove, but I do want everything to match, so I'm still leaning to the GE stuff. The only concern I have is that the refrigerator with the configuration that I want (french door refrigerator and 2 drawer bottom freezer) I think is too small. Only 20.7 cu. ft. I have no concept of how big that is, so I just have to go see it. I love the GE Monogram 6 burner stove with the griddle. It has 2 ovens side by side, a large one and a small one. I think we'll do this instead of the two 4.4 cubic feet stackable ovens.

I've also spent quite a bit of time thinking about the kitchen. I think I know how I want it designed. We are meeting with 2 cabinets places on Monday since we have the day off. We received a preliminary layout from one of the places today and it is horrible - not even close to what we want. Since I now have a better idea we will show them our concept when we meet with them on Monday and then we'll have a better idea about what it will look like. We will also need to go back to the original place we went to in order to give them an opportunity to provide pricing on the same design.

So far I am having fun, but the kitchen is a big deal!! I want to make sure we get it right. Update on appliances probably tomorrow since there will be no construction progress.

No comments: