Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Progress

I'll go out to the house quickly before I go get the kids, but what I know so far is that they are finishing the gas line and starting to frame the basement.

Yesterday they accidentally cut the power lines to the barn from the main house. Oops, I guess they are going to fix it today. Wayne mentioned that it was probably cheaper to find them the way they did than to do a utility locate.

We had a meeting with our designer yesterday and she walked through stone, stucco, roof, window and exterior paint and stain decisions. We narrowed the roof down to two selections, stone down to three, stucco down to five and windows down to one (that one was easy with only 3 choices). We are working on getting samples of all of the options so that we can see them together. We'll meet with her again once we get all those collected.

We also had her look at the 2 stain options for the kitchen and we went with the second option so I had to put a change order in already to the kitchen designer. Not a big deal, but I'm glad we came to that decision.

No comments: