Saturday, May 2, 2009

Progress Meeting

We met with Wayne on Friday to go over a few things.
  1. Fireplace design. I roughed out a sketch of what we want the fireplace wall to look like. I'm very excited about it.
  2. The second furnace for upstairs is going to be located in Tyler's attic. I'm not so sure about it, but Wayne assures us that it will not be a noise nuisance and that it is quite common in other parts of the country.
  3. Started on fascia and soffett work.
  4. Finalized the decision to frame Cory's room in.
  5. Need to discuss all the arches with Jamie K. (interior designer) and Troy again. We're now not sure that we want to arch everything.
  6. Made decisions on door to garage and then garage door to exterior. We're going with fiberglass for the mud room/garage door and steel for the garage/exterior.
  7. Doing our electrical walk through on Tuesday with the electrician, the light designer and Jamie K.

Wow, now some of the fun things are starting to happen. I think I'm going to start getting anxious. We have hardwood floor decisions, lighting, tile, etc. coming up. I ordered samples from Armstrong floors for Mahogany, Brazilian Cherry, Hickory, Maple, Walnut and Birch (my preference is in this order). Our trim work will be in Alder. The built-ins will mostly be Alder, but may do Cherry in the great room. The kitchen and master cabinets are Cherry. Cabinets in the mud room and kids bathrooms is Alder. I hope we don't regret that decision since it is a relatively soft wood. Oh well.

Staircase to the bonus room:

No comments: