Monday, May 5, 2008

Traffic Engineering Continued

Today I got a message from Susan Joy, City Engineer. We were supposed to have a meeting with traffic planning, utilities and engineering this afternoon. Instead, we got this:


Light and Power is out all this week but I don't think we need them at the meeting. Same with Transportation Planning...they are not available this afternoon per a later email but have emailed me their requirements.

We have continued to meet internally to discuss the project's design and construction requirements since we last met and I have everything worked out with the two aforementioned departments, Light and Power and Transportation Planning. The last department to weigh in is Engineering and Sheri and I are meeting with Helen Migchelbrink, the city engineer, today at 4pm (confirmation pending) for her policy on this and other projects like yours.

At that point, Sheri and I will meet with you, Steve and JR Engineering to go over everything with you. I'll send you another email to coordinate that meeting as soon as possible. Just a heads up to Transportation Planning and Light and Power - I will let you know what the outcome of the meeting with Helen is but I don't think you need to be at the next meeting with the applicant. Unless of course, you want to be. You are most welcome to attend, just let me know.


Miles and I are very bummed about this. I was hoping to be present with Traffic Engineering so that we could plead our case. Instead the city took it into their own hands and are handing us our fate. I can't wait...>

No comments: