Monday, November 3, 2008

Building Permit

Miles and I met with Wayne today. The new house cost is soaring due to the utility and extra work our builder is doing. It freaked me out, so I know it has Miles over the edge. We're hoping that our few investments that are supposed to start paying dividends will come in next year to help defray some of the building and development costs.

I am keeping a detailed budget of the costs that we will track through the process. The good news is that the property will be worth a lot once we are done with the project. We just hope our condo and our current house sells.

The other positive thing is that this house is going to be beautiful. I haven't had a chance to think about it too much because I've been so focused on the city process. Even though we're continuing to have slow issues with the city, we can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: